Our Virtual Service Learning programs focuses service and volunteer activities that empower communities economically and socially. According to Wikipedia, Service-learning is defined as an educational approach that combines learning objectives with community service in order to provide a pragmatic, progressive learning experience while meeting societal needs.
We partner with in country non profits who empower participants through training and programs that provide marketable skills and training. This leads to financial independence that in turn increases self-esteem and self worth.
Our service learning – volunteer model focuses on the “The Oath for Compassionate Service” as outlined by Robert Lupton, author of Toxic Charity.
The Oath of Compassionate Service
– Never do for those who are less fortunate what they have (or could have) the capacity to do for themselves
– Limit one way giving to emergency situations
– Strive to empower through employment, lending, investing, using grants sparingly to reinforce achievement.
– Listen closely to those you seek to help, especially to what is not being said – unspoken feelings may contain essential clues to effective service.
– Above all, do no harm.
– Volunteer with in country program partners who are on the ground making a difference
– Sustainable solutions that make real impact
– Program partners include local co-ops that promote social entrepreneurship
– Non profit organizations including,
Wo Ye Bra, a women’s empowerment program that empowers women economically and socially by giving them a marketable skill to help them to become financially independent, increase their self-esteem and give them a voice socially.
– We also work with local co-ops to promote social entrepreneurship
– Become a change agent
– Deeper understanding of the power of servant leadership
– Encourages mutual respect and compassion
– Sierra Leone
– South Africa
Experience a destination through the cultural arts. Our in country hosts introduce you to to a virtual world of experiences that engage participants in the life, history and people of a destination through a cultural immersion activity. Connect to the […]
This educational tour focuses on Ghana as a destination for shared learning through cultural immersion, people to people experiences and volunteer service and is perfect for families with school aged children. Ghana is a rich destination, full of color, vibrancy, […]
Mon - Fri 9.00 - 5.00