Our Virtual Service Learning programs focuses on service and virtual volunteer activities that empower communities both economically and socially. According to Wikipedia, Service-learning is defined as an educational approach that combines learning objectives with community service in order to provide a pragmatic, progressive learning experience while meeting societal needs.
We partner with in country non profits who empower participants through programs that provide marketable skills and training. This leads to financial independence that in turn increases self-esteem and self worth.
Our virtual service learning and virtual volunteer model focuses on the “The Oath for Compassionate Service” as outlined by Robert Lupton, author of Toxic Charity.
The Oath of Compassionate Service
– Never do for those who are less fortunate what they have (or could have) the capacity to do for themselves
– Limit one way giving to emergency situations
– Strive to empower through employment, lending, investing, using grants sparingly to reinforce achievement.
– Listen closely to those you seek to help, especially to what is not being said – unspoken feelings may contain essential clues to effective service.
– Above all, do no harm.
– Volunteer with in country program partners who are on the ground making a difference
– Sustainable solutions that make real impact
– Program partners include local co-ops that promote social entrepreneurship
– Non profit organizations including, Wo Ye Bra, a women’s empowerment program that empowers women economically and socially by giving them a marketable skill to help them to become financially independent, increase their self-esteem and give them a voice socially.
– We also work with local co-ops to promote social entrepreneurship
– Become a change agent
– Deeper understanding of the power of servant leadership
– Encourages mutual respect and compassion
– Sierra Leone
– South Africa
Join The Global Intent, led by Travel to do Good Ambassador and Millennial Travel Specialist, Jada Davis as they travel to South Africa. Jada loves to travel and launched the Global Intent with the goal of offering an integrated travel experience to the ethnic traveler […]
The Kenya backdrop is absolutely stunning. See the big 5 as well as a beautiful diversity of landscapes, animals, bird and plant life and fascinating cultures. From hand feeding Giraffes, to adopting orphaned elephants to taking breathtaking balloon safaris at […]
In ICON-NECT’s crossing cultures program, VOKAL teams up with Travel To Do Good VISA program (Virtual Interactive Study Abroad) by connecting classes across oceans. VOKAL Founder, Eve Thompson connects students in US classrooms for a Master Class in women’s studies […]
Mon - Fri 9.00 - 5.00