Based on the wisdom and experience of African women, our online courses, digital education material and interactive exercises expose participants to amazing female ICONs from the continent of Africa. As we grow, the platform will expand to include other knowledge resources generated about and by African women for different grade levels as well as for adult consumption and learning. These products can also be useful for language learning for any age group and some products will soon be accessible in French.
The goals of this program are to highlight the experiences and leadership journeys of African women in order to:
– Diversify leadership stories (initially comprehension readers at elementary and high school level) globally and address the severe under-representation of African women in that collective body of work;
– Promote African women as intellectual and experiential resources by filling the void of educational resources for all educational levels related to African women leadership;
Prove that the intellectual contributions of African women can be commodified and translated into responsible capital;
– Create an on-going, sustainable funding stream for women and education centered projects in Africa, particularly those that are overlooked by traditional donors;
– Enhance the credibility of and respect for African women in the minds of future generations.
– Stories of the leadership journeys of 13 iconic women leaders (12 Women plus 1 Super Icon) from different countries and sectors.
– Curriculum can be customized for lower grade levels and advanced levels.
– Guided Activities and digital educational materials
– Quarterly Zoom seminars featuring one of the icons featured in the stories. Students can pose questions.
– Regular information for each subscriber (or each member of an institutional subscriber) on the continuation of – selected icons’ leadership journey.
– Joyce Banda “Super Icon and Former President of Malawi”
– RUDO KAYOMBO “Disruptor”
– ALICE MUDEKEREZA “Gentle Fighter”
– ANGELE MAKOMBO “Shy people can be leaders too” Political Advisor
– NYASHA GWATIDZO “Visionary Care Giver”
– EUCHARIA NWAICHI “Supreme Competitor”
– AUDRY SHEMATSI “Woman Warrior”
– ANNE-MARIE MAKOMBO “Power Speaker”
– ISABEL PHIRI “Circle Multiplier”
– JESSIE KABWILA “Machine”
– MISRAK ELIAS “Win Win Game Changer”
– ROSEMARY ATIENO “Little Nun”
Students meet and engage with their peers from other countries
Provides heightened awareness on the achievements of African women
Gain insights into the Icon countries
Opportunity to learn to work together cross culturally
Exposure to a broad range of careers through their exposure to and interaction with the different Icons
– South Africa
Mon - Fri 9.00 - 5.00