This VISA Masterclass features English speaking Quechua Curandera-Shaman Vilma Pinedo Sanchez, is from high in the Andes Mountains of Peru. She will share ancient Andean Traditions from her family, community and the Sacred Valley in a fun, program which will end with interactive questions and answers. She is from a long line of Shamans and will speak of Quechua customs, beliefs and how these ancient caretakers of this land live and work together with the environment of the mountains. Vilma will discuss how to communicate with the elements of Mother Nature (Pachamama) and how this can help everyone worldwide. She will share local insights of our rapidly shifting planet as it is moving into a new system and what that means.
– Hear first hand about ancient Andean Traditions from a female Curandera/Shaman who was raised in a family who practiced Shamanism for many generations
– Learn techniques of how to communicate with Pachamama (Mother Earth)
– Experience insights of living high in the Andes Mountains and how local communities have survived for hundreds of years
– Observe an expert sharing a unique feminine perspective of life in the Sacred Valley
– Have the opportunity to have your questions answered regarding anything you might be curious about
– Learn of local farming and how Quechua families grow most of their own food
– Get first hand knowledge of our rapidly shifting planet and what this means for everyone around the world
Other Customized Experiences include…
– A life in the Day
– Women’s Empowerment
– Ancient Traditions
About Shaman Vilma
Vilma comes from a long line of Peruvian Andean Shamans on both sides of her family. She was called into this tradition even before she was born, when her mother was struck by lightning while she was pregnant with Vilma.
When Vilma was only 4 months old, another lightning bolt struck her home. It was then that her grandparents said the baby had a very important mission to accomplish and she was raised in an environment to learn from master shamans.
Vilma started her path as a “curandera” (healer) at the age of 12, reading coca leaves and telling people through her intuition what they had to do in order to heal themselves, often with amazing results. At age 22, Vilma was asked to accompany the Dalai Lama on his trip to Machu Picchu.
People come to see Vilma from all over the world and wait in line with the locals who want healing. She lives with her husband Sam and two beautiful daughters near Cusco, in the town of Huasao, which locals call the town of the witches.
Because Vilma speaks English (a rarity in the Andean Shamanic world) she is able to share her wisdom of the ancient traditions with those who do not speak Spanish or Quechua. We are honored to be able to work with this amazing woman and have her support.
In ICON-NECT’s crossing cultures program, VOKAL teams up with Travel To Do Good VISA program (Virtual Interactive Study Abroad) by connecting classes across oceans. VOKAL Founder, Eve Thompson connects students in US classrooms for a Master Class in women’s studies […]
Mon - Fri 9.00 - 5.00