Everyday we encounter people who have the desire to go on a volunteer travel program and for one reason or the other they either don’t have the time or the money. Just like any other travel experience, it takes preparation and planning.
Want to fund your volunteer travel trip. Lots of ways to raise money……Funds can be used to fund your trip, make a donation or buy supplies.
First things first….
- Tell a compelling story. Share your story with friends, family, colleagues and within your personal and business network. Start a fan page on facebook and get the word out using your social media network. Share your page and ask your contacts to share your page
- Conduct a fundraising event – Host a dinner or social hour on behalf of your non-profit partner. Remember to share pictures of the event and thank your donors.
- Become a Travel to do Good Trip Leader and get 15 or more travelers to travel to do good and your trip can be discounted or maybe even free.
- Layaway your trip – yes…. Many of our travel partners will allow you to pay a deposit and make payments over the course of the year. Full payments are often due 45-60 days in advance of the trip.
- Crowd funding is growing in popularity as an alternative way to raise money. Crowd funding describes the collective effort of individuals who network and pool their money, usually via the Internet to support efforts initiated by other people or organizations.
Below are some the more popular crowd funding programs that are used for volunteer travel.
Volunter Travel Scholarships
Livfund.org gives grants up to $500 for volunteer travel opportunities in Latin America.